Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day - an ever glowing devotion to my Mak :)

I for one...like to celebrate...New Year, Raya, Chinese New Year...etc...living in a multiracial country has its perks :)...and now I get to celebrate Mother's Day... hmm...do u ever really need to celebrate Mother's Day...shouldn't everyday be Mother's Day???

History shows us that Mother's Day can be tracked back to the Greeks...perhaps even earlier.

Sometimes I wonder what makes my Mak (mommy in malay) a good mother...so What Makes My Mak a Good Mother? Simple question to ask, but a question that can't be captured in a few words. My mother comes from a siblings of all 'ladies'. I see my Mak and my aunties...they comprise of a bundle of emotions that sometimes defy reason. I truly believe this extends to all mothers...who have kept wake all night with their sick toddlers in their arms, constantly soothing their toddlers with their soothing voice.

I remembered...I did not grow up rich....average at most...and I was sickly at times...but there was one particular moment...I remembered...how Mak carried me in a mini bus to a clinic...when I had high fever...it was all we could afford... the mini bus was 50 sen per passenger per trip...the clinic was RM1 per treatment...or something around that price...(it was a government clinic)...My Mak was not a typical big lady...she was one of those small and sweet Asian ladies... but she somehow managed to carry me all the way to the clinic...which was quite a distance... Goshhhh.... I love u MAK!!!

At kindergarten...Mak devotedly taught me how to tie my shoelaces... Guess what? I never could...if I come home with properly tied shoes...she'll ask, "Siapa ikat kasut Fali?""cikgu ke" (who tied your shoe laces, Fali? the Teacher?) HMMM...Mak...sekarang Fali da pandai ikat tali kasut okay :) (Mak...today I know how to tie my shoe laces)

My Mak is no longer young....today she worries why I am not married yet...(guess what Mak...I worry too :) )

My Mak is a working mother and housewife at the sametime...

My Mak grew up without a Mother...but she became a champion Mother...

My Mak always fusses over me....just now she gave me some guavas...seeing that I am doing some work at my laptop....goshhhh....I love u Mak!!!

I couldn't afford anything expensive this year like a car or something...not yet...so I bought her dark chocolate...one of her favourite things....hmmm...Mak...kita share the chocolate OK? I also like themmm..


Puan Hajah Rahmah Abdullah aka Datin Rahmah Abdullah

LOVE u MAKKKK

Ur First Born SON!!!

MUAHHHHHHH


1 comment:

  1. wow! super duper awesome share my dear. tears kept rolling on my cheeks, non stop! thank you fali! such a masterpiece! i love MAK too. powerful beautiful generous woman she's. doa that she's granted great health, beautiful life, abundant wealth, ameen. thank you brother for the GIFT you're in my life! i love you loads, kak nor

    ReplyDelete